The Learning plan for new leaders was created to support all new and future leaders working to develop collaborative primary care models in the UK.
This introduction to leadership skills is the ideal starting point for those taking on new roles in primary care networks, moving into their existing workplaces, or planning future career progression.
Career progression in primary care
Experienced primary care leaders will guide users through all key aspects of leadership, helping them reflect on their own personal qualities and ambitions, and develop leadership skills to help meet today’s challenges in primary care.
The ten one-hour modules are hosted on GPonline’s sister site MIMS learning, a bespoke CPD platform that allows users to take reflection notes as they progress and easily save evidence of their learning for CPD and revalidation purposes. The course costs £ 58.80.
The themes covered by the ten modules are:
- Become a leader in primary care
- Develop personal resilience as a medical leader
- Negotiating for success in primary care
- Delegate safely and efficiently in patient care
- Build and lead a resilient healthcare team
- Eight Steps to Great Teamwork in Primary Care
- Make effective decisions as a practice team
- Fight against difficult behaviors in healthcare teams
- Manage primary care teams in the midst of change
- Driving change to improve patient care