First United’s goal is “to inspire and empower others to spend their lives wisely” through a holistic approach to life that encompasses faith, financial well-being, health and personal growth. .
First United has partnered with the Stagen Leadership Academy to provide a personal growth opportunity, the Foundational Leadership Course (FLC), to existing leaders in the community. The FLC is a 13-week course that offers learning through a combination of small group discussions and weekly online accountability. The FLC, also known as the “Spend Life Wisely Academy”, is under the leadership of Gregg Engle and is part of First United’s 10-year vision to elevate 10 million lives by 2030.
Shawnee Inaugural FLC (Spring 2021) graduates include:
• Paul Bass, President, First United Bank
• John Bobb-Semple, Project Manager, Pottawatomie County Blue Zones
• Odus Compton, COO, Reaching Souls International
• Brandon Dyer, Executive Director, Pottawatomie County Community Renewal
• Cami Engles, entrepreneur and owner of Theopolis Social Club
• Dr Kathy Laster, CEO and President, Avedis Foundation
• Bryan Lucas, Senior Vice President, Georg Fischer Central Plastics LLC
• Boaz Massey, Owner, BAM Acquisitions, LLC
• Daniel Matthews, Executive Director, Pottawatomie County Community Market
• Angi Mohr, President, SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital – Shawnee
• Pam O’Rorke, Owner, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Benchmark Realty
• Dr Heath Thomas, President, Oklahoma Baptist University
By inspiring and empowering community leaders to become improved versions of themselves, the community as a whole can be uplifted. This course provides valuable tactics and skills to leaders of all types of entities and varying levels of experience, while working to create a common language. As leaders in various industries learn from each other, it helps build trust and build the partnerships needed to build a stronger community.
Shawnee FLC participant Brandon Dyer said: “I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in First United’s foundational leadership course. The opportunity to be exposed to world-class leadership skills and to have 13 weeks of shared experiences with other leaders at Shawnee had a significant impact on my personal leadership development.
Paul Bass, President of First United Community Bank in Shawnee, said: “I was delighted to participate with the inaugural class of some of Shawnee’s top leaders. He also indicated that First United Bank of Shawnee will be offering the Foundational Leadership Course each year in the spring and will start taking applications for next year’s class in January 2022. (Class size is limited to 15.)
First United takes great pride in being a community bank and serves a greater purpose by inspiring and empowering others to put their lives to good use, including clients, their families and their communities. To learn more, visit depenselifewise.com.